Whether spoken to another or to our self (self-talk), words affect us.
If we’re willing and open, they can move us (an others) toward increasing possibilities for healing, wholeness, and meaningful connection.
Here are 20 phrases that can be used to start healing conversations in different contexts :
1. I am sorry. I was wrong to _______. Please forgive me.
2. I appreciate you for _______.
3. I’m scared that _______.
4. Even though I think I’m right, I could be wrong about _____.
5. I’m thinking that what’s missing from our lives is _______.
6. I’m sad that my action of _______blocks me from feeling safe in my relationship/connection with you.
7. I want to change this. It sounds as if you are saying _______.
8. This reminds me of _______.
9. So then, based on our discussion, to make life more wonderful in this area: what I’d like/really want is _______, and what you’d like/really want is ______. Is that right?
10. In this situation, I/you choose/chose to _______.
11. Would you be willing to _______.
12. I need your support in this situation _______.
13. We didn’t do that well … can we start over? (Or a “do-over?)
14. What can we (or I) learn from this?
15. Thank you for _____. I appreciate that _______.
16. I’d like to talk … when is a good time?
17. I love you. You are important to me.
18. I care about you, and your dreams. I know how important _______ is to you.
19. I want you to be happy, and have what you want, and it’s also good to check to make sure it’s in your, my highest interest as well as our relationship’s.
20. It’s not easy … would you work with me on this? I can do my part, and only you can do yours. Together we can make this work; otherwise it will not work and waste our energy and time.